- Mawarire said he left because his family was being threatened by suspected State security agents and he said he could not post a video telling people about this experience without ensuring the safety of his family first.
- He said he did not regret leaving the country when he did because he did it for his family. He also admitted that he was afraid despite his “Hatichadi Hatichatyi” mantra.
- Pastor Evan refuted claims that he had been given asylum despite having a strong case to apply for one. He also said that he did not have a Green Card or American citizenship. He added that he was back for good.
- He reiterated that ThisFlag Movement was not about following an individual but was a citizens’ movement.
- Mawarire did not guarantee that he will not leave the movement again emphasizing that that gone are the days of a saviour mentality where people expect one person to do the job.
- ThisFlag Movement will not turn into a political party and he said that they did not have a political union with Noah Manyika.
- Pastor Mawarire said that despite the belief that people of the cloth should not be involved in politics, Pastors should stand up for the people. He said that what Pastor Mugadza who is incarcerated for prophesying President Mugabe’s death, was arrested for exercising his right to freedom of speech.
- When asked if he will one day run for President, Mawarire said maybe and said that with the right counsel he would venture into politics. He however reiterated that ThisFlag Movement will remain a citizen movement that is not aligned to an individual or political party.
- ThisFlag is open to citizens’ input and Mawarire revealed that the singing of the national anthem during a cricket match in Bulawayo was a suggestion by a citizen that he has not seen up to now. He said that those that had contributions could get in touch with ThisFlag on their official Facebook page ThisFlag – IfulegiLeyi – MurezaUyu
- ThisFlag Movement is working with other citizens movements such as Zimbabwe Yadzoka to reach citizens in the rural areas.
More: You can watch the full video HERE
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store