2 burnt to death in Epworth on Christmas day

Two people died, while four others are battling for life at a city hospital after they were seriously burnt in a petrol and cooking gas explosion in Overspill, Epworth, on Christmas Day.

A petrol dealer, Claude Nyamandu popularly known as “DeMbare”, and his young brother’s family from Waterfalls, had gathered to celebrate Christmas together. His sibling was braaing outside the house while their wives were cooking on gas stoves in the house. Nyamandu allegedly sought the help of his neighbours’ son, Given Chinyamukwanguke (5), to hold a funnel while he poured petrol into a generator so that he could provide entertainment for the Christmas celebrations. It is alleged that as he poured the fuel, suddenly the whole place was engulfed by a huge ball of fire and the adults rushed into a bedroom and locked themselves up.

The neighbours’ son was burnt by the fire together with Nyamandu’s brother’s five-year-old daughter. It is alleged that although neighbours finally put out the fire, the presence of the fuel in Nyamandu’s premises made it difficult to put out the fire.

More: Herald

WhatsApp Discussions

Click to subscribe to a Pindula WhatsApp Group:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/7qEiZs3oW93F5FH2EUGWmx

If you find the group full, please notify us on +263 777 707 852 and we'll update the link.

Daily Email Brief

Get the top news delivered to your inbox every day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.