Today is Oppah Muchinguri‘s birthday. To celebrate her big day we have compiled five things you probably did not know about her:
- She was born Oppah Chamu Zvipange Muchinguri on the 14th of December 1958.
- Muchinguri was once married to Tapiwa Rushesha and the two had two daughters Natasha Rushesha and Tanya Rushesha. She is currently married to clergyman Bishop Anthony Kashiri.
- At independence, she was appointed Private Secretary to the President between 1980 and 1981. She became Deputy Minister twice, first of State for External Affairs between 1989 and 1993 and of Environment and Tourism between 1993 and 1997.
- She held her first Ministerial post in 1997 when she was appointed Minister of State in the President’s Office, a post she held until 2000.
- The late musician Simon Chimbetu sang a song titled Oppah which talks about his love for such a woman. It was widely believed it was dedicated to Muchinguri.
For more on Oppah Muchinguri visit her full profile by clicking here