Today is Wicknell Chivayo‘s birthday. To celebrate his birthday here are five things you probably did not known about the flamboyant businessman:
- He shares a birthday with Zimdancehall musicians, Soul Jah Love and Lady Squanda.
- The businessman who is popularly known as Sir Wicknell, was born Wicknell Munodaani Chivayo
- Chivayo attended his primary school at Dudley Hall Primary School before enrolling at Churchill Boys High School for his secondary education. He however dropped out of school while in form 2 due to financial reasons.
- After dropping out of school, Wicknell worked for a local bus company as a wages clerk while aged 15. He later became an illegal money changer at Harare’s Union Avenue Flea Market (now Kwame Nkrumah Avenue) where he alleged stole US$6 million from an investor in Victoria Falls.
- Wicknell has made several donations over the years including donating a VW Beetle and paying 3 years worth of tuition for Big Brother contestant, Maneta Mazanhi. There were rumours that the two were an item and in a relationship, however Wicknell denied this at the time.
For more on Sir Wicknell click here.