Today marks 14 years since the death of politician Learnmore Jongwe. Here are five things you probably did not know about him;
- He was born on the 28th of April 1974 and committed suicide while in remand prison on the 24th of October 2002 under suspicious circumstances.
- Jongwe studied law at the University of Zimbabwe where he was elected into the committee of the Zimbabwe Law Students Association (ZILSA) before being elected President of the Student Representative Council a year later.
- He was the first spokesperson of the Movement for Democratic Change before it broke into various factions
- From 2000 to 2002, he was the Member of Parliament for Kuwadzana Constituency which was then taken over by Nelson Chamisa who was elected in 2003.
- After graduating he was employed by Gill, Godlonton and Gerrans as a professional assistant
Read more of his profile by clicking here
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.