Today is Paul Mwazha’s birthday. To celebrate his special day, here are five things you probably did not know about the religious leader;
- He shares a birthday with musician Victor Kunonga who was born on 25 October 1974 in Shurugwi.
- Before he was baptised to Paul by Father Schimidt of the Roman Catholic Church, he was initially named Mamvura, a name which means “Child of the Water” in the Shona language.
- In 1941 Mwazha became at teacher at Gweshe School and between 1948 and 1951, Mwazha was headmaster atChideme School in Charter District, now Chivhu.
- He formed the African Apostolic Church in 1959 after serving in the Roman Catholic Church since childhood.
- Paul Mwazha won a Beit Trust Scholarship in 1938 which was worth $11.
You can read his full profile here.